Friday, March 17, 2006

Before I die....

Do ya'll remember the yellow house on the south end of main street that has been boarded up ever since we moved here? Well, recently, the house was taken down and a new house is being built. I found out the other day who is building it. It is Dean Heggie and his wife...he is 91! Not only is he 91 but he just put in "extended care" in the hospital! I thought this was astounding. Why would anyone want to build a house at 91? (Besides having extreme optomism!) Well, it seems that they always wanted to build on that site so they thought they'd better get to it.

It made me think about what I want to do before I die. Here are a few things:
  • go to Austrailia
  • go to Jerusalem
  • go to Hawaii
  • finish #4
  • finish #5
  • see 12 grandchildren
  • travel to an unknown area (such as a mission)
  • and oh, yes...build a new house!

This is just a partial list and one that I plan on thinking about for a while and making plans to accomplish. What do you want to do before you die?

4 comments:

stevenot said...

ride naked down main street on a bullet bike! Just kidding. how about get married and not be a collector of many big things.

TnT said...

I forgot! I want a massage!!!!

(I approve of your goals Steve, except the first one..the visual!!!! arghhhh!)

dorkpunch said...

whats wrong with collecting big things!? my goal is to have at a minimum the entire set of xl250s and 350s from 1972 to 1978. Thats 10 bikes... it would bie nice to have a bunch of the 125s, 100s, 75s, etc. etc and a couple of the MRs, CRs, MTs, SLs, and maybe a CB or CJ or two...

stevenot said...

now, is that inlcuding 72 and 78? did they make em every year? cause if so, thats 14 by my count.