Wednesday, March 15, 2006

So I am sitting in my office yesterday just typing away when a whole class of 20 troops out of the east classroom and by my window. Bro. Bikman poked his head in my office and said, "One of the light fixtures just blew out and now there is the smell of burning wire. There may be a fire in the ceiling, so we are moving next door." Well! That got my attention! I went in the room and sure enough, the smell was bad! What did I do? I called the FM group. Then I tried to think about what things I could and should get out of the building if I had to. (CPU, back up disk, monitor... I figured the copy machine was too heavy.) Even then, I didn't call the fire dept. I guess it was ok tho, because apparantly it was just a ballast in the light fixture. An electrician came and it was fixed in a jiff. The smell lingered but it was better than other smells I have smelled even as recently as the weekend! It sure kept me awake the rest of the afternoon!

7 comments:

stevenot said...

remember that one time I blew up a thing of butane in my face while you were talking to a seminary teacher on the phone?! That was awesome!! It singed all my hair, and you thoguht I was dead! You dropped the phone and came running at me yelling my name! It was pretty much the best day of my life!

TnT said...

Man. I don't remember that at all! Which one of us is losing our mind?

dorkpunch said...

i think hes thinking of the time he stole a bunch of matches and had them in the side pocket of his cargo jeans and they caught on fire. like in grade 5. in class.

stevenot said...

that was grade 4, adn it wasn't that. I Was playing with apaecnil torch and I was filling it up while it was burning and i sparyed teh butane off to the side and it just lit in a big ball of flame and you yelled my name and ran across the kitchen. I think you were either talking to brad or mike on the phone. YOu really don't remember that? do you remember when I faked passing out on the staris?

TnT said...

Faked?!?!?!?!!! Are you messing with my mind?

stevenot said...

I was back then! It was great! I said "Wow! Blackout, Big time!" and thne I ran down the stairs. I Got about half way and then I started jumping up and down making alot of noise and you freaked again! It was a pretty good day in my life history.

TnT said...

I am glad to know that my "freaking out" makes your day. I will make it a point to do it more often! Love ya