Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Small Drama

So I get in my car to go to work on Tuesday morning and I notice the smell of stale cigarette. That's odd, I thought. Then I noticed the book that we keep track of mileage in on the driver's seat. I don't remember leaving that there, I thought. Then I noticed the storage compartment in the arm rest between the front seats was open, and the ash tray was open. Hmmmm... I think someone ransacked my car! I didn't think anything missing until I went to the gas station today. Then I couldnl't find the litre log! For those of you who lack Canuck knowledge, a liter log gives you 2 cents per liter back when you have the card filled up. Well, mine was almost filled up, maybe worth about $20 and it was gone! When I told the guy at the gas station what had happened he said it happens all the time. Go figure. I guess whoever did this hit a few cars that night. I am glad we have nothing else to steal! Last night we put the car in the garage. With the car doors locked... but the windows were rolled down so that the smell would air out...and the garage door was unlocked! I guess we are too used to living in a small town.

1 comment:

dorkpunch said...

Two things. One- since when were cigarettes allowed in Raymond? And two- look at the time you posted this blog. wierd.... now if only you could get one to say 4802.