Monday, July 05, 2010

"Live to Maturity"

On Fast Sunday, I (Emma) got up to bear my testimony with Ridge in my arms.  I just didn't want to let him go for a second!  Not long after that, Bishop Greg Peterson got up and said he was touched to see me with the baby.  He looked out at Doug and Steve and said something like, "I was their Young Men's president and I wasn't sure they would live to maturity".  We were not sure if he meant they would die young or just never mature!  The boys went up to talk to him after the meeting to see what he was referring to.  He said, "Well, one of you was always playing with gasoline and the other was always playing with fire, so I wasn't sure you would make it to adulthood!"  Pretty funny and oh, so true.  Can you guess which played with gas and which played with fire?

1 comment:

ryanmiles82 said...

Ba ha! That's too funny and too true! Umm.... SteveO was the fire and Dug was the gas, eh? That's great that some of yer kids were home for the holiday. I hope everything went well!