Saturday, February 07, 2015

Ketchup flavored toothpaste?!

Can you believe that they have Ketchup flavored toothpaste here?  I bet Kristi would love it!  Well, maybe not, but I bet Peter would!  Should we bring some home for all of you to try out?

What if I told you it wasn't really toothpaste?  Would you believe me?  I mean, it looks like a toothpaste tube, doesn't it?  Have you ever seen ketchup in a tube like this before?

One of my favorite scriptures is Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Sometimes we have to have faith in others because they might know a little more than we do.  The prophets know more than us, so it's a good idea to follow their counsel, even if it is something we have not heard of before. 

Will you have faith in me?  I can promise you that this is not toothpaste.  It is ketchup in a tube.  Even though you (and I) have never seen it done this way before, that doesn't mean it can't be true. I have seen the "evidence" that this is ketchup.  You have not, so you have to have faith in me.  And we have to have faith in those lead and guide us.

So, that's the lesson for today.  Trust your parents, your Bishop, your Primary teachers and leaders of all kinds.  And then you will see the evidence of our faith in due time.

We love YOU!

 

No comments: