Sunday, February 22, 2015

Tout est bien

Tout est bien.  All is well.  I learned a new phrase this week!  We were singing "Come, Come ye Saints", (in French of course) and this phrase stuck with me.  And things are going well.  We are managing to keep our head above water!  Last week was carnival so there was not a lot we could do for several days.  We all had to stay away from the parades, etc and all the stores were closed so we stayed pretty close to home.  I was grateful that a member, Juliette Doumbia, lent me her sewing machine!  Oh!  How wonderful it is to mend a few things!  I had almost forgotten what it was like to be able to do that!




We had to run some errands downtown and had to kill some time one day so we went to a Mexican restaurant!  Can I just tell you how hard it is to order Mexican food from a French menu?!  It turned out pretty good tho!  We took the one picture just for Kristi & Peter because of the New Mexico connection.  (Can you see it?)


Grandpa wanted me to show you a picture of the outside of the restaurant.  It looked scary to me and I refused to go to it for several months.  It's amazing what hunger will do to a person!




The other day I looked at my shoes and noticed that they are getting pretty worn out.  I wear them almost every day and realized that it had been 11 months since we had left home!  We are so grateful for this opportunity of serving a mission and hope that each one of you will have the same opportunity in your lives!

We hope that "all is well" with each of you.  We pray for you daily and appreciate your love and support.

We love YOU!

1 comment:

reedandemma99 said...

Hey Kristi:

Do you think you would have gone in that building? Like you have heard me say, it can be tough to judge a restaurant by its outward appearance. This one met my 3 criteria for what make likely good restaurants:

1 - not a chain
2 - the owner works there
3 - located in a building not built specifically to be the restaurant