Sunday, February 12, 2017

Choose Love


A few weeks ago we went to church in Steve and Heidi's ward.  A woman spoke and her words have left a lasting impression on me.  She told a little about herself.  She was a single mom with one child when she met her now husband.  She told the story of how they got together.  They now have 6 more children.  (And she's one of those women who looks like a teenager herself!)  She talked about some of the trials they have had.  She told about the theme they had as a family.  It was simply "Choose Love".  That really hit home to me.

I don't know if you know this about me, but every year I try to choose a word that symbolizes what I want for the coming year.  Most of the time the word is "Less".  Less stuff, less stress, less negativity.  Once it was "Idaho" because I really want to move there!  This year I decided to use two words: "Choose Love".  It packs a wallop!  When someone has really annoyed me, choose love.  When someone has let me down, choose love.  When I am asked for the 12th time in a day where his car keys are, choose love.

The picture above mostly relates to parents dealing with children.  But choosing love is also important at work, in our church callings and with family and friends.

So those are my words for this year.  I will choose love.  And I hope you all feel it!

No comments: