Saturday, March 28, 2015

Birthday Gifts

It was my birthday this week!  Birthdays are fun!  It's always nice to be remembered.  This year, I wanted to do something for the branch.  Instead of getting a gift.  I wanted to give a gift.  We ordered 25 hymn books in French.  We took 5 to the group in Trinite and the rest to the branch in Fort de France.  It really felt good to give them something that they will use every week.

Grandpa did give me some small gifts that have great meaning to me.  At first, I couldn't figure out why he gave me these things:

Then I read the inside of the card.  In part, it says,"I appreciate you giving us Martinique and I will do everything I can to give you Barbados."  It made me cry because I know how hard this is going to be, mostly for him!  The rock on the left is coral from the beach in Barbados and the pen and paper punch represent office supplies.  He sure is a good man!

He even made me dinner!






And I made dessert.  It's cinnamon rolls without cinnamon and raisins.  But they do have chocolate chips!


It was a great birthday.  I can't believe I have celebrated two birthdays in the mission field!  There is no better place to be!

We love YOU!

No comments: