Saturday, March 21, 2015

It's not all fun and games

It's not all fun and games in the Caribbean!  This picture is a check list of what I have been doing for the better part of 3 days this week.  Every transfer, I make up a 4 page Word document for each missionary who is going home.  This time there are 17.  It takes me about 4 hours for each missionary from start to finish.  Each document has 8-15 pictures in it and a write up of what they have learned on their mission.  I start a month in advance by emailing them and telling them what is required.  I email them all each week for 3 weeks and then call them when they haven't complied.  I spend a lot of time fixing their pictures.  I want their paper to look nice.  I also do a different kind of paper for each new missionary that comes each transfer.  They only take about an hour to make.  We had 11 this transfer.

It's pretty time consuming and I wish I was out with the missionaries, but I am glad I can do this for the missionaries.




Grandpa doesn't like to sit around and watch me do this, so he goes out with the missionaries.  This time it was with the Zone Leaders.  Elders Lewis and Peterson.  They are wonderful and make our job so much easier!  And as a bonus they bring me chicken and bakes at the end of the day.  (Which is 9:30 pm!)




They climbed a LOT of stairs and Grandpa got pretty tired, but he's a trooper!  We are both glad to be serving a mission together, even during the hard parts.

We hope you are enjoying your callings, too.  Even the tedious, not so fun parts.  It is all worth it in the end.

We love YOU!


No comments: