Friday, April 17, 2015

Friends. Good Friends.

Good Friends.  What does that mean to you?  I think of that term in 2 ways.  One is that you have been friends for a very long time.  For us it is people like the Wards and Ross's and Hayses and Tollestrups and others.  We have a history together and feel comfortable with each other.

The other meaning is they are good.  Good people.  And we are drawn to them because we have similar values and goals.

This week we got to spend some time with the latter kind of friend.  Elder (Steve) and Sister (Paula) Batemen came to see us for a few days.  They go home in two weeks after serving faithfully for 18 months.  We don't know them well.  Even though Steve and Reed served in the same mission in Australia and they over lapped about a year, they didn't know each other then.  They know lots of the same people, but never served together.

We know them now only because we are serving this mission together, 300 miles apart. We had only met them personally for about 5 days.  But they are good.  Good people.  And we like spending time with good people.

I have decided that it doesn't much matter how tall someone is, or how old they are, or what color their skin is.  If they are good, I want to be their friend.  And I want to be good, so I can be their friend.  I hope you feel the same way.  Look for GOOD people.  And make them your friend.






Always remember that we love YOU!  And we are grateful that you are Good People.

2 comments:

Gremma said...

I wonder. Does anyone read these things?

reedandemma99 said...

I do. But maybe I don't count because I'm in it.