Friday, April 24, 2015

MLS

When we got our mission call, our assignment said, MLS: Member Leader Support.  I don't feel like we have done to do too much of that in Martinique.  They are strong here.  They have good leadership and things run well.

During our first interview with the Mission President, we asked how we could best fill the responsibility of MLS.  He told us that we would find a way.  He would not give us advice.  He said that every Sr Couple worries about how they will best serve and they always find a way.

I have thought about that a lot.  I don't feel like I have a lot of talents to share.  I'm not a scriptorian and I can't speak the language so I just smile.  As much as possible.  And love them with all my heart.

This past week, two sisters asked me if I could help them.  Tanya, the Branch President's wife, is expecting her second child and wants to sew something for him.  I was able to go to her home and we made a burp cloth and a little toy dinosaur.  She was so happy!

The next day, Tanya and Josette (who are married to brothers) asked me if I could show them how to make cute invites on the computer.  We spent the morning laughing and talking and learning from each other.  They were both excited to learn something new and I learned from them, too!

I guess what I am trying to say is that the Mission President was right.  I do have a few things that I do kind of OK and it is something that others want to learn.  It felt good to be able to share my skills with others so that their families can benefit.

When you go on your (next) missions, share what you know.  What you enjoy.  What you have worked hard to learn.  Then you, too, will be supporting the members and the leaders.  Come to think of it, you can do that right now!  Just by living the gospel every day, we can lift and inspire others.



Always remember that we love YOU!

No comments: