Sunday, August 16, 2015

Hugs



This was a hard week.  We had twenty new missionaries come in and 21 go out.  That meant a LOT of work!  We fed, we transported, we taught, we laughed, we cried and we hugged!  I really needed this hug. Max was baptised on Sunday and "He who has no name" was born on Tuesday.  We got the call at 6:00 am.  We were so happy!  We had to leave at 8:00 am and did not get home until 11:15 pm that night.  We got to Skype with Heidi and the "new baby" for a while.  It was so wonderful!  And so hard!  I want so desperately to hold him myself!

The next day was when the returning missionaries were here.  They were all at the Mission Home when we brought some food in.  These two Sisters (Riley and Tenney) came running up and gave me a huge hug!  I did not want to let go of them.  It was the hug I wanted to give the new baby and Max (and all of my grandchildren!) but couldn't.

It made me realize how full circle life is.  I was here helping and hugging someoene else's grandaughters.  It made me grateful that in 6-18 years, some other Sr Couple will (hopefully) be able to help and hug, not only "He who has no name", but any and all of our grandchildren who serve missions.  It's very possible that we will be dead and gone when that happens, but I know that they will be watched over, just like we watch over these wonderful missionaries.

We are so grateful for the plan our Father has for us.  We know that we were led here to do this work at this time.  Even tho it is hard and we are missing things like baptisms, births, and Priesthood ordinations, we know we are doing what we are supposed to be doing.

And we know that you are too.  We love you all so much.  We can't wait to wrap our arms around you!  But until then, we will be doing what the Lord has asked us to do.

Always remember that we love YOU!

No comments: